Formula is looking for an organized, analytical and motivated Chief of Staff to work closely with our CEO, taking many of his responsibilities and making them your own. You’ll work together side-by-side on a daily basis, tackling key issues facing Formula and finding new ways to ensure the business can scale to its fullest potential. This is a leadership position that is the perfect opportunity for candidates whose medium-term goal is to serve in a COO role or start their own company.
Formula is the first company to personalize nootropics (brain supplements). We use the world’s most extensive nootropics data set to recommend nutrients for our customers based on their unique neurochemistry. When it comes to energy, focus and motivation, our mission is to unlock possibilities. We are rapidly growing into industry leaders, and have helped thousands of people overcome their obstacles and start meeting their potential - one day at a time.
We’ve experienced 915% revenue growth and our team has gone 3 to 30 over the last year. With an experienced and driven founding team, this is a rare opportunity to join a company experiencing hyper-growth, pre-Series A.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Work as an extension of our CEO, helping to amplify his efforts by identifying opportunities and potential blindspots and consistently taking action to remove obstacles
- Manage special projects and company wide OKR processDesign and build company-wide processes and models to help our CEO and department heads evaluate opportunities and make decisions across Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Legal & Compliance, Finance, HR, Channel Distribution and Partnerships
- Develop close relationships throughout the organization to ensure a cohesive and high performing culture
- Structure annual planning process and quarterly business reviews; including timeline, tracking and reporting
- Support investor relation and fundraising efforts, including preparing investor updates, financial models, building fundraising decks, supporting due diligence requests
- Prepare the CEO for high consequence external and internal meetings; this typically involves designing highly compelling presentations for company-wide meetings and speaking engagements
- Occasionally replace our CEO in meetings to help accelerate projects
The Background and Traits We’re Excited About:
- 2-3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or private equity/venture capital and/or 2+ operating experience at a fast-growing startup
- MBA or Master’s Degree a plus
- Exceptional organization skills and work ethic with impeccable attention to detail; you build processes to ensure you never drop the ball
- Incredible written and oral communication skills and highly polished presentation skills; you have given board and C-level presentations as key part of a previous role
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects while maintaining a cool confidence when priorities change in a high-pressure environment
- Data-driven and analytical problem solver with the ability to break down complex problems into actionable recommendations
- Ability to navigate ambiguity as startup conditions change often.
- Low-ego and high ownership; “no task is too small” attitude
- Self-aware and deeply curious with an insatiable hunger to learn and grow who thrives when out of your comfort zone
- Able to build relationships and apply influence across a variety of stakeholders
A Few of Our Best Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- $1,200/year wellness allowance
- You will work with and learn from a team obsessed with health, human performance, and self discovery
- Rare opportunity to join an early stage company experiencing hyper-growth
- Working directly with the founding team, you’ll have a strong impact on the direction of the company and the opportunity to be a part of a life-changing, category-defining brand
- Flexible PTO and work hours that allow you to craft a schedule that optimizes your efficiency, productivity and balance
- The opportunity to join an incredibly passionate, compassionate, respectful and fun team who listens to and learns from each other every day
- A dog-friendly 🐕 office located in the heart of Flatiron steps from Union Square and Madison Square Park