The Chief of Staff to CEO is a new role at Celigo that is critical to our continued success and scaling as the company continues to expand rapidly. Celigo is looking for a senior, hands-on leader to work directly with the CEO and executive team. The Chief of Staff will serve as a thought partner to the CEO. This person will also act as a communications partner, supporting internal and external communications between the CEO and key stakeholders. In this leadership role, the Chief of Staff will lead special projects and be the “glue” that holds the executive team together. This individual will translate defined strategies into executable work streams that yield the intended result of the business objective. This person should be comfortable working with executives and help keep the team focused as well as ensure that key initiatives are kept visible and tracked for progress.
What would you do, if hired?
- Maximizes the CEO’s reach across the organization and acts as the CEO’s proxy
- Confidant and sounding board to CEO without an organizational agenda
- Assists CEOs in thinking through and setting policies—and making sure they are implemented
- Influences outcomes by considering the needs of the whole enterprise as opposed to other leaders who are focused on their own areas
- Connects work streams that would otherwise remain siloed
- Undertakes special projects that are strategic and cross departmental in nature to address core issues and growth initiatives
- Manages optimal execution of company OKRs
- Follows up and ensures execution of various strategic initiatives and projects
- Assists in development of metrics, KPIs and executive-level dashboards
- Manage the rhythm of the business, ensuring that the CEO and the leadership team are focused on the right topics at the right time, both optimizing within the week and looking at horizons many months out
- Coordinate information, direction, and feedback between CEO and Executive Team
- Collaborate with senior executives to drive agendas and report on results
- Act as a proxy for the CEO when appropriate, leading and following up on executive team and leadership team meetings
- Facilitate healthy debate, arriving at shared context as a team, managing meeting outputs and holding other leaders accountable for their deliverables
- Lead special projects as assigned by the CEO
- Manage leadership and strategic meetings, assist in drafting presentations for important meetings, etc
- Develop and manage communications on behalf of the CEO
- Seek to implement “good enough solutions” quickly then iterate to “perfection”
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in technology focused industry required
- Experience working at growth stage SaaS companies, especially in strategic or operational roles
- McKinsey, BCG or Bain type management consulting experience is strongly desired
- Experience working at a PE or growth equity firm or experience at a technology company that deployed PE playbooks is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of typical SaaS growth metrics and financial reporting
- Proficient with program/project management
- Strong experience in understanding complex data sets and the ability to simplify for ease of understanding
Why you’ll love it here:
- We are solving a really hard problem that affects almost every business on the planet: integrating cloud apps
- You get the best of both worlds: a start-up opportunity at a company that has already established itself in the market with thousands of happy customers.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the company as well as the iPaaS industry as a whole.
- We’re at an exciting crossroads as we re-imagine the Integration and iPaaS space. This will take teamwork, creativity, strategic thinking and a willingness to advance the market.
- We offer a strong benefits package, 401k, pre-tax commuter expense reimbursement, and many other perks.
Celigo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.