Bubble enables thousands of businesses around the world to build software solutions without code. Our users use Bubble to build personal projects, internal company tools, and VC-backed startups. We are often a critical part of our customers' operations and are very proud to help businesses achieve success through better software.
We are one of the faster-growing companies in the New York tech ecosystem: after a few years of bootstrapping and product development, we're now aggressively scaling and are looking for a driven person to help drive this effort by helping our co-CEO make the best decisions and more efficiently build the business. This is a unique opportunity to see from the inside how a startup is being built to become a category-defining company.
As the Co-CEO's Chief of Staff, you will work directly with the Co-CEO and Co-Founder to create leverage to run the company more efficiently and grow faster, You will be a strategic advisor and confidant of the Co-CEO, helping to both amplify their efforts throughout the company and function as a thought partner on a diverse set of challenges. You will have exposure to almost every part of the business.
Areas of responsibility/projects include
- Board management (preparing board presentations, looking into questions, data requests)
- Investor relationships (prepare updates, maintain our investors CRM to leverage them effectively)
- Coordinate operating cadence of Leadership Team (meetings, materials, etc.); be an accountability partner to the executive team and ensure their time is spent on the highest priority activities.
- OKR process management
- Fundraising activities
- Strategic planning & evaluation of opportunities (partnerships, PR, events, etc.)
- Internal communications (prepare all-hands and other communications)
- Help drive some senior hiring efforts (prepare JDs, manage search firms, etc.)
- Manage and coordinate highly cross-functional initiatives; lead special projects
- Prepare the Co-CEO for high consequence external and internal meetings; this typically involves designing highly compelling presentations for company-wide meetings and speaking engagements
- Occasionally replace the Co-CEO in meetings to help accelerate some projects
We envision this role to be held for 18-24 months. Once your mission is done, we'll talk through what you want to do next in your career and which role at the company is the most suitable for you.
You would be a great fit for such a role if you have and are:
- Exceptional organization skills and work ethics; impeccable attention to detail, you never drop balls
- Trustworthy: this role will be exposed to many confidential details of the company
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
- 3-4 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or private equity/venture capital
- Experience operating experience at a growing startup a plus but not required
- Very strong quantitative abilities to analyze data and make decisions
- Demonstrated project management and timeline management skills
- Low-ego and high ownership
- Incredible written communication skills and highly polished presentation skills; you have given board and C-level presentations as a key part of a previous role
- Knowledge of technical tooling (APIs) or technical training from college
We're looking forward to hearing from you!